Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Nine weeks old...

Aubrey started full-time daycare on Monday (picture before her first day to the left) and has done great so far. As expected she continues to be a hit with the staff. Today they took her footprints to hang over her crib. Needless to say they were the smallest, cutest and most beautiful footprints in the room. So far I would have to say that things have gone very smoothly. Mommy has been on drop-off duty and Daddy responsible for the pick-up. Yesterday when Daddy went to pick her up it was quite a scene as I believe it is a particular fussy time of the day. Most, if not all, the infants in the room were crying except Aubrey. Her eyes were wide open seemingly taking in the entire scene. I can't imagine what was going through her mind other than "Wow! This place is crazy." No matter what she was thinking I believe we are very lucky with how well everything has gone so far.

Wednesday was also Aubrey's two month doctor's appointment. The doctor was pleased with her growth and development. Everything seems to be as expected which is good. The most challenging part of the day was the 4 shots that she had to endure. Maybe I should say that we had to endure. Daddy had the privilege of holding her during the shots. Each of them had an equal impact on both father and daughter I am sure. Fortunately it was soon over and Aubrey was given some fashionable Snoopy band-aids as compensation. There is no doubt that Aubrey is definitely hanging in there.

2 comments:

Diane said...

What a great way to start a day... a couple new pictures of Aubrey. Life has sure been full of changes for the Petrotta three. Aubrey looks terrific. We are sure there will be lots of firsts for Aubrey, what fun is in store for the three of you. Enjoy the adventure!
Grandma and Grandpa Petrotta

mary said...

Aubrey, you look very serious and very beautiful for your first day of daycare. I'm glad to hear it's going well. Sorry about the shots, they're the pits aren't they?