Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Heading Home


We both figured out that we'd eventually have to leave the hospital. Fortunately, Grandmommy Bedia was there to help with the process. Considering I've lived in 5 different locatations in the Greater Richmond area this was the most complicated move I've had by far. Since Aubrey is so small she was practically swimming in the car seat. Mom sat in back seat and gave Dad frequent updates during the drive home. All ended well and we finally introduced Aubrey to her new home. OK, the real work finally starts. No more nurse buttons, nights in the nursery, catered meals... The challenge begins.

9 comments:

Dan said...

She is the cutest thing I have ever seen in my life!

Loretta said...

Brian I love Aubrey's blog debut. She is beautiful. I am already having withdrawal being away from her. Can't wait to return on Thursday with Aunt Mary.

TG said...

Looking forward to seeing Aubrey outside of the hospital. Lola is available for baby sitting whenever you need her.

Shorty76 said...

Brian and Rosa you have a beautiful, great, new born that will make changes to your life. In the many challenges of life, always remember that God loves her and that she is loved by all Friends and relatives I am sure will contact you in the coming days with the warmth of love, its an exciting time for all, we wish the best in God's name for Aubrey and you. Also remember that her Great grandfather loves her too. What a beautiful baby ...Papy says they have a picture on the computer already...boy times have changed!

God bless you all.

Carlos and Papy say hello to everyone. Its Liz Alvarez's birthday on 8-15-07.

Diane said...

The blog is terrific. You have some amazing pictures of Aubrey. I love the hiccups video, it is better than my video. We can't wait to return. She is so alert, even when she has the hiccups, poor baby.

Unknown said...

Aubrey Marie is absolutely gorgeous. You can see she is a product of your love for each other. You are beginning one of the most unique journeys life has to offer. Enjoy each step of the way!

Tanya said...

She is just beautiful!!! I cannot wait to meet her. Callie is also very excited to meet her new friend. See you all this weekend!

Anonymous said...

Brian and Rosa,this is a great idea.You ars right,the real work starts and lasts as long as you live.Also,the joy and memories of all the little daily events as well as the large milestones.Hold these in your heart as the time will pass by quickly.

Snaps by Angie said...

Ok, I don't really know you guys...but I am teary eyed from the blog!! When little Aubrey smiles for the first time, you will never forget it! My son, Jesse just turned a year old two weeks ago...the past year has been the best!

I am Anne and Ted's friend, Angie. I know Rosa from Anne's bachelorette weekend at Nags Head (I was pregnant at the time). I hope you don't mind that she shared the blog site with me.

I keep a blog for Jesse...everyone should do these for their kids! It's the greatest way to keep friends and family up to date with their latest and most exciting adventures!! I started Jesse's blog when he was about six months old; I saw the idea in one of the many baby magazines I was reading. I did go back to add a few highlights from the earlier months.

Anyway, if you ever have any questions...please feel free to email me(acblankenship@comcast.net).

There's something that I would like to share with you as a nursing mother...that I hadn't heard anywhere!

Check out www.slide.com for some creative slide shows that are easily posted to your blog!