Saturday, January 10, 2009

From 'Man Room' to 'Play Room'...


When we were having the house built back in 2005 there were a few things I had high on my wish list. I didn't mind letting Rosa make the decisions on things such as carpet, paint colors, fixtures, etc. However, there was one domain that I felt compelled to call the shots, the finished third floor. A primary reason that I was drawn to this house plan was all the possibilities that accompanied this amenity. To me this additional floor represented a dream. A true escape from the daily grind that was affectionately deemed the 'Man Room'. This room was to have it all.. a wet bar, refrigerator, flat screen HDTV, table for poker, etc. Yes, it was to be a true celebration of manhood.


Fast forward four years and it looks a little different than I envisioned it. Aubrey has laid claim to much of the square footage including her prized Christmas present from her parents, a slide activity set. Between maneuvering around the toys, blocks and whatever else she gets her hands on, the room has taken on quite a transformation. I can't say I am too upset. After all, seeing her have so much fun helps make this a special place to us.

No comments: