Monday, April 20, 2009

Aubrey's "Quiet" Time...

It dawned on me that I haven't reported much on how Aubrey's transition to her big girl room has gone. Overall, I think things have gone about as well as expected. She is napping and sleeping in her bed and seems to enjoy the extra space and toys. Although she is still adjusting to the new settings and not at all pleased by a gate we place in the doorway she does ultimately go to sleep.

However, we did have one interesting adventure this past weekend. We left Aubrey in her room for her normal nap while Rosa tended to some work and I mowed the lawn. Rosa could tell she was upstairs playing but was being quiet so she didn't think too much about it. About an hour later Rosa came outside and motioned to me to come "see this" even though I was only about halfway done with the backyard. I went upstairs and saw what could best be described as the aftermath of a tornado. Aubrey had pulled out every diaper, book, toy, blanket, etc. Although it was quite a chore to clean-up it was pretty amusing.


2 comments:

mary said...

Young Lady, what a mess! You look awfully proud of yourself, I hope you helped your sweet parents pick it up!

Max and Karla said...

That is what every room of my house looks like after the trips have been in it for 5 min. Way to go Aubrey!