Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Dreaming of a White Christmas...



There is no need to dream of a White Christmas. Here in Rochester it will be a certainty this year. We made the trip up from Richmond yesterday. After hearing about how well "driving through the night" had worked for many friends we decided to give it a try. So yesterday we packed up the car and left at 12:30 AM. Nine hours later we were in Rochester. Overall, I'd say the experience went well. Aubrey actually was awake for the first few hours quietly observing everything from her car seat. I think she thought it was an adventure. Eventually she settled down to sleep until we got to our destination.

So far our time in New York has been lots of fun. Today we went to Grandma's school and Aubrey met lots of new and exciting people. In the evening we introduced Aubrey to snow. Uncle Dan helped show her some of the basics and I am sure there will be more excitement to come in the next few days. If she is anything like her parents she won't care for being very cold.

1 comment:

mary said...

Brrrrrrrrrr, I'm freezing just thinking of you guys! But, I must say you (Aubs and Rosa) look gorgeous in your snow gear! Dan, of course you also look awesome. Have fun in the snow--I love you all! Merry Christmas!