
Every parent comes to the realization at some point that their baby isn't a baby anymore (excuse me while I wipe my eyes dry). The truth of the matter is that our 15-month left the baby stage long ago. In fact, she is pointing out babies to us all the time in books, magazines and in stores. Coincidentally "baby" is one of her favorite words. Yes, Aubrey is well into toddlerhood and not afraid to let us know. One of the interesting behaviors I thought I'd share include her "teepee" maneuver. When Aubrey is upset, frustrated or simply had enough of the current situation she places her hands and head to the ground and lifts her bottom straight up (pictured above). She also likes to have a say in the current activities. If she is tired of a particular room or being indoors she'll make her way to the door to let you know that she has other ideas. Rosa and I call this developing her personality.
We are certainly not complaining and understand this behavior is completely natural (not sure if Rosa or I tipi'd when we were younger). It is all part of her development and growing up. There are also lots of other exciting aspects of this time. For instance, when you ask her where a body part is (nose, mouth, feet, hands, arm, belly, ears, head, etc.) she can point to hers and then yours. Her hands immediately go up in the air whenever the word "touchdown" is spoken. If you aren't wearing shoes or socks and she spots this you can bet she will be at your feet in minutes with something to wear. She can also do "big girl" things too now like coloring. Our toddler keeps us on our toes... And we wouldn't have it any other way.
No comments:
Post a Comment